HowToWatchFootball.com Forum
August 19, 2019, 10:51:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please note, the site is going through an UPGRADE currently Monday night.

Home   Forum   Help Gallery Login Register Chat  
Poll
Question: When will Joe Paterno stop coaching
This is his last season
2-3 more seasons
4-5 more seasons
When he dies

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Joe Paterno stop coaching  (Read 7061 times)
bagd98rt
High School Baller

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Received: 0

« on: August 26, 2009, 09:25:28 PM »
<span style=Reply" align="middle" />Reply

Me personally I think it's time for him to hand the reigns to some one else and retire he's in what his 43rd year of coaching the lions time to retire Joe your a great coach and i have respect for the man but hang it up and let someone else have a chance.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!
Admin
Administrator
NFL Rookie

Thank You

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 01:05:45 PM »

I agree, I wonder how much coaching he truly does, versus him just being the face of Penn State football.  You know the minute he leaves, unless they hire a big profile coach it will hurt recruiting...

Do you enjoy this site?  If so, do us a favor and help promote us by passing our link around in other forums/message boards/blogs that you are a member of: http://www.howtowatchfootball.com .  Thanks Smiley
EE2000
High School Baller

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 05:56:50 PM »

I voted "When he dies"  just like that is when Bobby Bowden will stop coaching at FSU. 

It's in their blood, they can't help it.  They love their team, they love their fans, and they will continue on until they die, or just absolutely can't coach anymore due to health reasons, in which I am sure they will find a way to still coach.  Heck both coaches have been coaching since before I was born and well yeah the fans still love them and want them there, regardless. Well the ones for FSU does, oh you don't dare talk about Bowden retiring anywhere near Tallahassee, you just don't.
Bowden bleeds garnet and gold, just like Paterno bleeds blue and white.  You have to wonder at this point, if both of them are just fighting it out to see who can get the most career wins before their era ends at their respective schools.

EE2000
Htrain13
High School Baller

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 07:31:00 AM »

I voted "When he dies"  just like that is when Bobby Bowden will stop coaching at FSU. 

It's in their blood, they can't help it.  They love their team, they love their fans, and they will continue on until they die, or just absolutely can't coach anymore due to health reasons, in which I am sure they will find a way to still coach.  Heck both coaches have been coaching since before I was born and well yeah the fans still love them and want them there, regardless. Well the ones for FSU does, oh you don't dare talk about Bowden retiring anywhere near Tallahassee, you just don't.
Bowden bleeds garnet and gold, just like Paterno bleeds blue and white.  You have to wonder at this point, if both of them are just fighting it out to see who can get the most career wins before their era ends at their respective schools.

EE2000
when he's dead.  Hell he may have the big one right on the field one of these days!
atfiveam
High School Baller

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 02:02:44 PM »

my grandparents get season tickets to the PSU games, and I usually go at least once per season... I love joepa and will hate to see him go.  But I voted "when he dies" too because, well... I just don't see him leaving willingly!
ajwaka
High School Baller

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 06:47:10 PM »

Probably when he dies - cause look how bad PSU will look if they let him go!

I too wonder just how much he actually coaches... or if it's getting to the point where it's like being with the in-laws.  Just smile and nod when they talk to you!

I was at the Badger/PSU game a few years back when he was run over and broke his leg? hip?  Was sad to see happen to such an old legend.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: