HowToWatchFootball.com Forum
May 24, 2019, 02:01:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please note, the site is going through an UPGRADE currently Monday night.

Home   Forum   Help Gallery Login Register Chat  
Poll
Question: Do you think Jim Zorn should be fired?  (Voting closed: October 26, 2009, 09:06:38 PM)
Yes - 3 (60%)
No - 1 (20%)
Who Cares? - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jim Zorn  (Read 7346 times)
biggles
High School Baller

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Received: 0

« on: October 05, 2009, 09:06:38 PM »
<span style=Reply" align="middle" />Reply

The Redskins have not been very impressive this year and it seems that Jim Zorn has a lot to do with it.  He has been making some very questionable choices in his play calling as well.
Admin
Administrator
NFL Rookie

Thank You

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 07:30:25 AM »

He should be gone.  They barely beat St. Louis (who could go 0-16 this season) and they lost to Detroit.  If that doesn't qualify him to be jobless I don't know what will.

And the play calling is horrible.  I watched the first game against the Giants, absolutely horrid play selection. 

Do you enjoy this site?  If so, do us a favor and help promote us by passing our link around in other forums/message boards/blogs that you are a member of: http://www.howtowatchfootball.com .  Thanks Smiley
ejwagneresq
High School Baller

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »

My first impression is get rid of him, but I think we need to wait a bit longer to see if it turns around.   If he's fired, who takes his place?  Until that is answered, you can't fire Zorn.  Also, if he's fired mid-season, the new coach may install a new system and confuse the heck out of everyone. 

Another question is whether Campbell is also a big part of the problem.
Admin
Administrator
NFL Rookie

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »

The problem is Dan Synder thinks he can throw money around to get big name players and the team will be great... but this is a team sport.  There is no chemistry.  The Yankees can successfully execute the 'throw your money around' strategy because baseball is more about individuals. 
Campbell needs to go.  They gave him his chance and he showed he isn't ready for the NFL.  I didn't think he was all that good at Auburn. 
Fire Zorn, hire someone with some fresh ideas.  They can't do any worse.

Do you enjoy this site?  If so, do us a favor and help promote us by passing our link around in other forums/message boards/blogs that you are a member of: http://www.howtowatchfootball.com .  Thanks Smiley
FlyEagles15
NCAA Superstar

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »

I think the redskins are fine just the way they are  Wink
ejwagneresq
High School Baller

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »

Change of opinion here -- get rid of Zorn.   When a team is full of penalties, fumbles, QB holding the ball too long, etc., it's coaching as much as anything.  I've not seen them this bad since the mid 1960's, but then at least we had Sonny and he was a joy to watch.  Campbell, on the other hand, is just painful. 
tabbyg87
High School Baller

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 11:40:01 PM »

Personally the redskins are fine as they are for me as a giants fan but in all reallity the coach can do but so much they players have to go out and execute and cambell and moss aren't getting the job done I think the whole franchise needs to be revamped from head to toe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: